Scooby-Doo™ – where are you? He’s at the Autumn Fair in Peterborough!
AS with any large family outdoor event, canine antics – whether agility dogs or showing off the perfect pet pooch – are a vital ingredient to the fun.
And at this year’s Autumn Food & Country Fair, visitors have the chance to see their favourite handsome hound … Scooby-Doo
Scooby-Doo will be making personal appearances at intervals throughout the day providing an additional attraction for younger visitors to the event on Sunday October 9.
As the only event of its kind in the region, the Autumn Food & Country Fair is almost 40 years old and still going strong – mixing family fun, outdoor pursuits and country living all in one fantastic day.
Last year, some 10,000 visitors helped to make the event a huge success.
As well as Scooby-Doo organisers have lined up new and popular attractions lined up to delight this year’s crowds include:
– Super star Shetland Pony, Thunder Pants, from Ely – who be showing the crowd his moves in the main display ring from dressage to music, showjumping and fancy dress fun.
– A display by the East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club display team.
– Companion Dog Show
– Exhibitions of rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs and goats
– Daring displays
– Dozens of trade stands
– Kids Country events for children
– Classic car and vintage tractor displays
– Little Rovers pint sized land rovers for youngsters to drive around a circuit
– British Pig Association Young Stock Handlers
– Dog & Duck Display
– Birds of Prey Display
– Fun fair
– Food, drink and shopping area
– Vintage vehicles
– Wisbech Shire Horse Show
– East of England Giant Vegetable Competition.
– WI Open Baking Competition
There is free parking and gates open at 8am. Advance tickets are on sale now priced adult £8, senior citizen £6, child (aged 5-16) £4, family £20 (2 adults, 2 children).