THE countdown to this year’s Autumn Food & Country Fair is now on – a fantastic family day out with fun, fur, food and feathers all in one place.
A great line-up of attractions and events is lined up for the only event of its kind in the region, which takes place on Sunday October 8 at the East of England Arena and Events Centre in Peterborough.
And in a special treat for younger visitors, this year will see guest appearances at intervals throughout the day by TV’s PAW Patrol favourites, Chase and Marshall.
The Autumn Food & Country Fair is almost 40 years old – mixing family fun, outdoor pursuits and country living all in one fantastic day.
Attractions lined up to delight this year’s visitors include:
- Canine events: A display by the East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club display team, companion dog show, dog agility, dog and duck display
- Exhibitions of rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs and goats
- Dozens of trade stands
- Classic car and vintage tractor displays
- Little Rovers pint sized land rovers for youngsters to drive around a circuit
- Pony rides. Equifest fun pony and horse show.
- Birds of Prey Display
- Fun fair
- Food, drink and shopping area
- Vintage vehicles
- Wisbech Shire Horse Show
- The Supreme London Championships Small Livestock Show, billed as the rabbit world’s equivalent of Crufts.
- East of England Giant Vegetable Competition.
And with the Great British Bake Off back on our screens, there is a chance for budding bakers to show off their culinary skills with the WI Open Baking Competition, and rustle up some prize winning cheese scones, artisan bread,
There is free parking and gates open at 8am. Discounted advance tickets are on sale now priced adult £8, senior citizen £6, child (aged 5-16) £4, family £20 (2 adults, 2 children).